Sermon Text: Colossians 2:6-15
Broader Context: Colossians 1:15-20, 2:6-23
Link to study resources HERE
Link to personal study guide HERE
Questions for further discussion
- Are you filled with thankfulness over the work of Christ in your life? What are you thankful for (push past the surface answers)
- Have you noticed how the world embraces religion in general? It is when there is a cross that calls the flesh to be crucified that people start resisting.
- When you read, "And you have been filled in Him who is the head of all rule and authority" what is stirred up in you?
- What are the philosophies that oppose the Truth of Jesus (vs 8)?
- In vs. 9, why is it important the whole deity of God dwells bodily in Jesus?
- Summarize the symbolism of baptism. (Vs. 12)
- List the elements of the Gospel in verses 13 & 14.
- The call to action is in the first verses (6-7). We must see that our salvation goes way beyond just getting into heaven. How does the "message and work of Easter" change how you live your everyday life
- What does this passage teach you about God?
- What does this passage teach you about yourself/mankind?
- How does this passage teach the Gospel/point to Jesus?
- What step of obedience do you need to take today for your life to reflect these Truths?