As we continue in Romans, we are introduced to Paul and get a sneak peak of what's to come throughout the rest of his letter.
Sermon Text: Romans 1:1-7
Other Scripture References: Luke 6:13, Acts 13:32-33, Matthew 3:16-17, Romans 6:1-4, Acts 1:8, John 17:18
Questions for Further Study:
- What is your purpose in this life?
- Do you feel that you have a role to play in the redeeming work of God in this world?
- Do you consider yourself a servant of Jesus Christ? Why or why not?
- What does this passage teach you about the work God achieved in Jesus Christ? Have you experienced that work? How is your life a part of helping others to experience that work?
- Paul says that all Christians have received peace and apostleship. If peace means that all things are made right and apostleship means to be made a messenger for all the earth to know Jesus, would you agree that you have received peace and apostleship?
- What does this passage reveal about mankind/you?
- What does this passage reveal about grace (undeserved kindness)?
- What does this passage reveal about the Character of God?
- Is there a call to action in this verses that you need to respond to?
- Who is someone in your life that needs to hear the Truth taught in these verses? Will you share it with them?
Quote from Sermon