We take a Special Offering twice a year in hopes of us continually growing in a posture of joyful and sacrificial giving. At the same time, we celebrate how faithful you are on a weekly basis in giving of your finances. This is what allows us to advance the Kingdom of God through the work God has given us as The Bridge Montrose on a daily basis. We take the Special Offering in order to be able to take advantage of unexpected ministry opportunities and to support ministry needs that cannot necessarily be supported by our weekly giving.
As we go about our days, we are beginning to see the signs of the Christmas Season. The weather is changing, our neighbors are putting up lights, and we are making plans to spend time with family. We pray that as we approach Christmas Day, all these things will remind and focus us on one thing: that we have a Father who gave the world the best gift of all, hope and salvation through the arrival of Jesus Christ.
We are blessed to have a faithful community that engages with a heart of generosity to further the Kingdom of God, week in and week out. Our prayer is that we continue to grow in this posture of holding all that we have with open hands as it is all ultimately a gift from our Father. So twice a year, we present the opportunity to participate in a Special Offering, which in the winter is synonymous with Advent Giving. This year’s Advent Giving will be collected from November 18th- December 30th.
We pray that you take this opportunity not just to consider how you could participate in Advent Giving, but even greater, how you can participate in a way of life that embodies the same sacrificial generosity our Heavenly Father pours out for us. During this time of year, it is easy to get distracted by the hustle and bustle of the season, and unintentionally get swept up in the consumerism and accumulation of earthly things. Advent Giving is a tangible action to fight those desires with humble and grateful hearts, stewarding what God has blessed each of us with for the spread of His Kingdom and glory.
The Advent Giving is intended to be separate from the ongoing faithful giving that you may already participate in. It allows us to take advantage of unexpected ministry opportunities and to support ministry needs that cannot necessarily be supported by tithes. We are collectively striving to give $35,000, which will be committed and allocated to the following:
- $20,000 will be set aside to build up our Missions Bank, which will allow us to more readily respond to opportunistic ministry needs as they arise. These opportunities are in addition to the monthly partnerships that are supported through tithes. You can learn more about these opportunities at www.thebridgemontrose.org/missions.
- $15,000 will be given to Nueve Vida- our ministry partnership in Cuba as they work to set up a campus for Southern Theological Seminary in Havana.
Our hope is that all who consider The Bridge Montrose their church home would participate in giving prayerfully, joyfully, and sacrificially; but we also hope that no one feels pressure to give under any form of compulsion, guilt, or pressure. While participation will look different for each of us, we ask that you consider giving the equivalent of one week’s salary as we know that this would be a challenging mark for anyone. Thank you for partnering and growing with us in the Gospel ministry of Jesus.
You can give through all the normal methods of giving (listed below). You just need to designate “Special Offering” on your gift by either writing it on the memo line of a check or selecting “Special Offering” when giving online. You can give through our app, your PushPay app, by texting “bridgemontrose” to 77977, by following the “give” link on our website, or by check or cash. Feel free to direct any questions to Karen at email@example.com.
all glory to God
Updates on some of the missions and missionaries we have financially and prayerfully supported
These are opportunities that we have financially supported from our missions savings as needs have come to light through their daily ministry.
- Church Planting in Sesto Calende, Italy
- Supported the salary of the church’s first Italian pastor.
- Church Planters in Indonesia
- Italy Film Project (Giouse)
- Funded the production of the Documentary, Unforgivable. View the trailer here. Unforgivableis used as a Gospel outreach opportunity in Italy.
- Nuevo Vida
- Working to establish an extension of Southern Seminary in Havana Cuba.
- EastWest Ministries
- Your giving to East West helps to keep our costs of training and church planting as low as possible. With your help, for every $8 we spend from our general fund, we are able to train a national leader in evangelism and discipleship and for every $22 we spend we are able to plant a new church. So far in 2018, we are averaging more than 1,000 baptism every day and 815 house churches starting every week.
- Love Fosters Hope
- We had 9 people volunteer to be "counsins" or counselors at T.R.A.C. (Teen Reach Adventure Camp) for 12-15 year olds in the foster care system.
- Sponsored a table at their annual fundraising gala. A couple inivited to sit at our table decided to foster after attending the gala.
- Ambry Golf Tournament
- Sponsored a hole at their annual fundraising golf scramble
- Other Church Plants in Houston, Cypress, Austin, San Antonio, and Michigan
- 2nd Cup Coffee
- 2nd Cup is a “coffee for a cause” cafe that works to mobilize houston to end human trafficking by through bringing awareness and support to all of the organizations leading out in the fight across Houston.
- Campus Outreach- HBU and Technical College Mexico (Marcums)
- CRU Short Term Mission Trips
- Sponsored college students to go to EastAsia as missionaries for the summer of 2018
- Sponsored college students to spend the summer at Summer Beach Project where they are equipped as disciples of Jesus as well as ministering to the community they are in.
- CRU Staff Training
- Cami Jones attended CRU staff training in July which better equipped her to meet the needs of college students. She took a seminary course on missions there, helping her cast vision for a multicultural student body participating in overseas missions.