Heath Haynes- Pastor and Elder
Heath grew up in Georgia but has lived in Houston for since 2005. Heath and Amber were married shortly after and now have two fun and adventurous kids. Heath felt called into ministry at nineteen though he did not know exactly what that looked like. Over the next 17 years, Heath saw this calling play out in many opportunities for ministry with many different types of people in many different settings around the country and the world. Contact Heath
What is the role of a pastor?
For Heath, to pastor is to diligently study and teach the Truth of God given in His word, equip people for God’s Kingdom work, be a life long learner himself, and do all of this from alongside those he is leading in this place and this time. To pastor is to love for the sake of loving in itself, come alongside people as they are, walk toward Jesus together, and let the Gospel transform. It is not the job of the pastor to tell you how to behave, it is the job of the pastor to show you Jesus, teach the Word, and love along the way.
- Voted friendliest of Senior class (1995 Dacula Falcons)
- Favorite Houston Pizza Joint - Pinks Pizza
- Hit 1 home run in little-league career
- Loves roller-coasters
- You will most likely find him in one of the great Montrose coffee shops on any given day at any given time.
- Favorite Junk Snack - Toffee Chocolate Bark
- Favorite Late Night Snack - Cereal
Jairo Rojas- Elder
Jairo was born and raised in greater Miami, so he was not born in Texas but he got here as fast as he could. It was a good thing, too, because he met his wonderful bride, Corrine. Together they were part of the many who stepped out in faith with a church plant that led to The Bridge Montrose. Contact Jairo
Role as Elder
As an Elder, he hopes to love and serve The Bridge Montrose faithfully according to God’s plan and for God’s glory.
- -Wanted to grow up to be an ice cream truck driving undercover cop
- -Enjoys rock climbing
- -Is making up for lost time with soccer
- -Would like to have more fun facts
Curt Kieffer- Elder
Curt grew up in Midland, TX and graduated from Trinity University in San Antonio before moving to Houston in 2002. After years spent following his own desires, Curt responded to God's call for repentance and reconciliation in 2009. Curt and Mariann were married in 2014 and had their first child in September 2016! Curt and Mariann were part of our core starting community of The Bridge Montrose. Contact Curt
Role as Elder
Curt sees his role as elder as an opportunity to respond humbly to God's call to equip, encourage, exhort and teach.
- Named "All-Conference" in 100 backstroke for his university swim team
- Collects antique canning jars (over 100)
- Accomplished Karaoke-er
- Amateur Numismatist whose favorite coin is the Walking Liberty Half Dollar
- Fielded a bird-watching team in the 2015 Great Texas Birding Classic
- Made his national television debut as a dancing bear
Karen Campbell- Organizational Admin/Director of Connections
Karen grew up in Houston and after attending college at Texas A&M, she came back to pursue a career in supply chain. In 2014, she asked God to do something radical in her life which lead her to join The Bridge Montrose in its early stages and eventually leave her corporate job in the fall of 2015 to be the first full time staff member at The Bridge Montrose. Contact Karen
Role at The Bridge Montrose?
Karen sees her role as Organizational Admin/Director of Connection to support the partners and leaders of the church, so they can grow in their relationship with God and with each other. She wants to empower and support those who say YES to the Lord and take a step of obedience.
- Favorite place is sitting around a kitchen table
- Favorite food is avocado, followed closely by tacos
- Hates syrup
- Is directionally challenged
- Reads the end of books
Rebecca Owsley- The Bridge Kids Director
Rebecca grew up in West Texas and transplanted to Houston to attend Rice University where she fell in love with academia, student ministry and her husband, Caleb. In 2014, Rebecca committed to the Bridge Montrose because it was conveniently close to campus, but over the past few years the Bridge Montrose has become her home and family.
Role at The Bridge Montrose?
Rebecca’s supports families at the Bridge Montrose and oversees Sunday mornings with The Bridge Kids. Her role is to ultimately help our kids have fun, feel safe and experience the love of Jesus.
- Loves tea: black, green, herbal, bobba you name it.
- Rarely finishes reading books
- Enjoys swing dance
- Doesn’t like to watch the same movie twice
- Obsessed with small space living